PORTO DE GALINHAS (PE)
In February 2005, I was invited to join a friend to visit the state of Pernambuco.
We spent almost one week in the cities of Recife and Olinda, enjoying the carnival festivities there.
The final day was spent at the paradisical beach of Porto de Galinhas, about 50 km south of Recife.
On that warm day, we had to take the bus in the center of Recife, the bus ride took two hours.
The bus was very crowded, and so was the beach. Full of carnival goers, who took a rest.
Beach and carnival, carnival and beach, an ideal combination.
Camera SONY DSC-P73 f/9, 1/320 sec. ISO-100
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (09) Imaging the Bus Travel, Hour by Hour II (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (07) Way of Life in Bahia (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Eating on a budget: economy restaurants for local food lovers in Recife! (3rdculturechildren.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (25): JUL 2006 (IV). Beaches in Salvador (BA) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (23): JUL 2006 (II). Bus Travel to Salvador (BA) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Heading for Brasil 2014: Stadiums under Construction (Update OCT 2011) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Heading for Brasil 2014: Stadiums under Construction (Update SEP 2011) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Multicultural Carnival: February 2012, Pernambuco, Brazil (3rdculturechildren.com)