Original size 1200×1600
In February 2005, I was invited to join a friend to visit the state of Pernambuco.
We went by bus, a travel that lasted more than thirty hours.
Nevertheless, the bus travel was an unforgettable experience: for me it was the first time to travel by bus more than seven hours (Nijmegen -London), and to witness the breathtaking Bahian landscape. Lush green, mountainous, sometimes arid, it seemed for me that the landscape was changing every kilometer.
We stayed in Recife during carnival. A multicultural carnival, with elements from African, European, and indian origin.
The picture shows a man in original and very colorful maracatu outfit. Even the dark sunglasses make part of it.
Camera SONY DSC-P73 f/10, 1/100 sec. ISO-100
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (09) Imaging the Bus Travel, Hour by Hour II (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (07) Way of Life in Bahia (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (23): JUL 2006 (II). Bus Travel to Salvador (BA) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Eating on a budget: economy restaurants for local food lovers in Recife! (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Arena Pernambuco – Recife (worldcupbrazilstadiums.wordpress.com)
- Multicultural Carnival: February 2012, Pernambuco, Brazil (3rdculturechildren.com)
- You: Northeast Brazil has its own distinct Carnaval (latimes.com)
- Visiting the Community Center Dom João Costa, Alto José do Pinho, Recife (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Day 11 – Recife, Brazil, 1/16/12 (jcmaroundtheworld.wordpress.com)
- Carnaval Brazil – The Greatest Show on Earth! (thehappiestcow.wordpress.com)