FOZ DO IGUAÇU (PR)
June 2005. A short visit to Foz do Iguaçu, at the border with Paraguay and Argentina.
The bus ride went from Belo Horizonte to Curitiba, via São Paulo, lasting 14 hours.
From Curitiba, another – overnight – bus ride to Foz do Iguaçu, lasting 10 hours.
I arrived there at 8 AM and I first went to Ciudad del Este, crossing the Bridge of Friendship to neighboring Paraguay.
The second day, I spent in the Brazilian National Park of Foz do Iguaçu, and admired the magnificent waterfalls there.
On the third day, I went into Argentina and visited the Argentinean National Park of Puerto Iguazu, and approached the enormous Devil’s Throat.
On the final day, I visited the giant hydro-electric power station Itaipu, a joint construction of Brazil and Paraguay.
Three days of water and green, green and water, an unforgettable experience.
Camera SONY DSC-P73 f/5.6, 1/80 sec. ISO-100
- The Incredible Iguaçu Falls (thetravellingmunschkin.wordpress.com)
- Iguazu Falls: Don’t Kayak These – Foz de Iguacu, Brazil (travelpod.com)
- Argentina, Puerto Iguazu, 14-16 March 2012 (chrisdesmond.wordpress.com)
- South of Brazil (herewegobrasil.wordpress.com)
- Mona Lisa’s Smile Must Be Turned Upside Down (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- Foz do Iguaçu (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- In Brazil (leggotunglei808.wordpress.com)
- Iguaçu Falls, The Videos (earthoceanskyredux.com)