OURO PRETO (MG)
Ouro Preto is the former capital of the state of Minas Gerais. More than three hundred years ago, it was founded as Vila Rica, a mining city that produced a lot of gold and gemstones, to be exported to motherland Portugal. Portugal wanted more and decreed heavy taxes for the villagers. At the end of the eighteenth century, the villagers revolted, led by Tiradentes. Tiradentes and his fellow conspirationists were captured. Most of them were partly pardoned, and sent into exile in African colonies. However, Tiradentes was hanged and then mutilated. As a homage, the principal square was named after him. In front is his statue, and the Museu da Inconfidência behind. It was a very cloudy day, the low clouds touched the mountain peaks in the region.
The picture is a compilation of separate images, joined with the help of Autopano software.
The original pictures were taken with a Canon PowerShot A540
f/4 , 1/160 sec.
- Ouro Preto (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- On The Estrada Real to Tiradentes (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- Historic Minas Gerais: CONGONHAS. (01) An Overview (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- History of Belo Horizonte (belohorizontebrazil.wordpress.com)
- Tiradentes (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (05) Colorful Bahia (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: View from Mangabeiras Park, Belo Horizonte (MG) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (08) Imaging the Bus Travel, Hour by Hour I (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Deadly floods hit southern Brazil (bbc.co.uk)
- Historic Minas Gerais: CONGONHAS. (02) The Twelve Prophets I: Amós (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)