VILA VELHA (ES)
This beautiful smile belongs to one of my dearest and most beautiful friends in Brazil. I met her for the first time in 2005, and I accompanied her family to visit a common friend of us in Vitória, the capital of the state of Espírito Santo.
We have spent Reveillon there: the celebration of New Year, on the beach of Camburi, amidst thousands of people, mostly in white, cheering, laughing, singing. A happy giant family together, all with their hopes for the coming year.
We also spent some time on the beach, enjoying the sun, the warmth, the sea, our drinks. Those were unforgettable days and provided me some inspiration to take photographs. Like this photograph, when my friend was having a routine check of her beautiful face. I could not resist to immortalize this special moment, when her magic smile was covering her mirror.
Camera: SONY DSC-P73
f/5 1/100 sec. ISO-100
- A Foreigner in Brazil (16): JAN 2006. Vila Velha (ES) and Itabira (MG) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: FLORIANÓPOLIS (03). To the Federal University (UFSC) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (07). Copacabana District and Beach (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Brazilian Sensation Céu To Release Third Album Caravana Sereia Bloom on April 3 (theurbanflux.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (10). Imaging Praia do Diabo (Devil’s Beach) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Carnival in Brazil 2012: Samba School VILA ISABEL (Rio de Janeiro) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Homeless Ercilia Stanciany gets to university by finding books at rubbish dumps (dailymail.co.uk)