Image of the church in a fountain, located in front of the church.
f/ 3.2 1/640 sec. ISO-80
Aquidauna is a municipality west of Campo Grande, capital of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul. Its size is half of Belgium and counts about 45 thousand inhabitants only. The city itself is located at about 140 km from Campo Grande.
The bus travel from Campo Grande took about 2 hours. The first hours in Aquidauna were quite hot, with approximately 42 degrees centigrade. A sudden and fierce breeze did the temperature drop to about 32 degrees in less than one hour.
The principal church is located close to the Aquidauana River, that forms the border with neighboring municipality Anastácio.
The Saint Francis Church, inspired upon gothic architecture, was built in the thirties of the past century.
Image of the church
f/8, 1/640 sec. ISO-80
Camera: Canon PowerShot A1100 IS
- Cuiaba, Mato Grosso, Brazil (cuiababrazil.wordpress.com)
- Visiting Bonito, Matto Grosso do Sol, Brazil (ask.metafilter.com)
- Arena Pantanal, Cuiaba (worldcupbrazilstadiums.wordpress.com)
- Culture of Cuiaba (cuiababrazil.wordpress.com)
- Brazil Gains in Food Production Coincided With Drop in Deforestation (e360.yale.edu)
- Brazil Gains in Food Production Coincided With Drop in Deforestation (cleantechies.com)
- FIFA World Cup in Cuiaba (cuiababrazil.wordpress.com)
- History of Cuiaba (cuiababrazil.wordpress.com)
- The evacuation of the Kayapó tribe – an Indian people of the Amazon region in Brazil’s Mato Grosso has started. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
What a beautiful church. And I love the reflection of it Very abstract and interesting.
This church is indeed a beauty, Katie. Unfortunately, it was closed that day. I was lucky to find the fountain to witness this peculiar reflection 🙂
just very very fantastic pics!!
Thank you very much!