Gunga Beach, ALAGOAS (AL)
One of the most beautiful beaches of the tiny Brazilian state of Alagoas is Gunga Beach. This wide beach can be reached by a secondary road through private land, or by a boat service from Barra de São Miguel. The beach is flanked by a large coconut plantation, thereby providing an idyllic composition of white sands, green exotic coconut trees, and azure blue sea. I was lucky enough to visit Gunga Beach three times: in July 2008, when staying in Maceió (AL); in August 2009, also staying in Maceió; in July 2010 , when traveling to João Pessoa (PB). During my second visit, in 2008, it rained that day. But even in the rain, this beach is worth visiting!
The original picture was taken in July 2008.
Click HERE for general information about MACEIÓ,
including history, touristic information and informative videos.
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Gunga Beach, Alagoas (AL) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (10). Imaging Praia do Diabo (Devil’s Beach) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (10) Imaging the Bus Travel, Hour by Hour III (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (13). Back at Ipanema Beach (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (25): JUL 2006 (IV). Beaches in Salvador (BA) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Brazil: A nation that makes you want to dance (telegraph.co.uk)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (09). Beaches of Arpoador and Ipanema (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (07) Way of Life in Bahia (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)