Coruripe, ALAGOAS (AL)
Coruripe is located at about 100 km south of Maceió, capital of the state of Alagoas. When I was there in July 2008, the city was constructing a light tower, which is now a landmark of Coruripe. Together with three friends, I walked along the beach, northward, in the direction of Maceió. We walked along pristine beaches, deserted beaches. Almost no one there, just our footprints. Sometimes we had to cross barriers, such as a quay near Coruripe. The waves were pounding there with astonishing force. I was cautious enough – also because of my camera – to avoid these waves. One of us could not resist, and started to challenge the waves. As a primitive warrior, he stood there, and cheered when he had beaten another wave. And I could not resist this unique moment of a warrior challenging the waves.
I was both amazed and shocked to notice large amounts of waste on the deserted beaches. Not only left behind by tourists, but it also must have been deposited by the waves, from distant locations. We all need to become warriors to battle pollution on the beautiful beaches.
The original picture was taken in July 2008.
Click HERE for general information about MACEIÓ,
including history, touristic information and informative videos.
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Gunga Beach, Alagoas (AL) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (10). Imaging Praia do Diabo (Devil’s Beach) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (10) Imaging the Bus Travel, Hour by Hour III (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (13). Back at Ipanema Beach (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (25): JUL 2006 (IV). Beaches in Salvador (BA) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Brazil: A nation that makes you want to dance (telegraph.co.uk)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (09). Beaches of Arpoador and Ipanema (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (07) Way of Life in Bahia (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Light Tower at Coruripe, Alagoas (AL) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Cotton Candy Man at Praia do Francês, Alagoas (AL) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- astrology and numerology for Marta Vieira da Silva (2012marta.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: MARANHÃO (03). Barreirinhas, Gateway to Lençóis Maranhenses (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Penelope Endless (jordanmarquez.wordpress.com)
- Swimming through an Underwater World (sheilahurst.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Sailing on Rio Preguiças, the Lazy River (MA) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)