Last Farewell at Praia de Boa Viagem , RECIFE (PE)
Praia de Boa Viagem (Boa Viagem Beach) is a must-visit in Recife. As with many popular urban beaches, Boa Viagem Beach is flanked by tall buildings and a long, wide boulevard. Many bars and restaurants are located along the beach. An interesting local market offers you a variety of local dishes, souvenirs, and handicraft. The 7 km beach is protected by a natural barrier of reefs. Hence, the name of the city of Recife (Reef). At low tide, one may enjoy the so-called piscinas naturais, the natural pools. It was a very sunny and warm day in January, when I visited Boa Viagem. The beach was crowded with local people and tourists. A great number of them enjoyed themselves in the water. And suddenly, I noticed this boiling pan. A pan that contained a lobster, that had met its awful fate to become a delicious meal for tourists. At first, I was convinced that the poor creature was about to escape. But at a closer look, I noticed that there was no way to escape. Poor creature! Waving with its impressive claw, his last farewell to the cruel world….
The original picture was taken in January 2008.
including history, touristic information and informative videos.
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Gunga Beach, Alagoas (AL) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (10). Imaging Praia do Diabo (Devil’s Beach) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (10) Imaging the Bus Travel, Hour by Hour III (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (13). Back at Ipanema Beach (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (25): JUL 2006 (IV). Beaches in Salvador (BA) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Brazil: A nation that makes you want to dance (telegraph.co.uk)
- Travel in Brazil: RIO DE JANEIRO (09). Beaches of Arpoador and Ipanema (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Belo Horizonte – MARANHÃO: (07) Way of Life in Bahia (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Eating on a budget: economy restaurants for local food lovers in Recife! (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Brazilian Landmarks in the Northeast Region (portugueseblog.org)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Cotton Candy Man at Praia do Francês, Alagoas (AL) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Paul McCartney brings back a Beatles ballad the first night in Recife, Brazil (examiner.com)