Museu da Inconfidência, OURO PRETO (MG)
The museum is located at the principal square in Ouro Preto, Praça Tiradentes, named after the Brazilian hero, who headed the revolt against the Portuguese rulers in 1789. The revolt became unsuccessful, Tiradentes was condemned to death. He was hanged and dismembered on April 21, 1792, now a Brazilian national holiday. Despite being unsuccessful, the revolt or conspiracy, inspired by the American and French revolutions, was the start of the Brazilian independence process. The country became independent on September 7, 1822.
The museum in Ouro Preto, which was the town hall at that time, hosts a memorial for the members of the conspiracy.
The photograph is taken from as a mirror image that was displayed on a brand new black car (brand unknown).
The original picture was taken in June 2009
Click HERE for general information about BELO HORIZONTE
- Imaging Brazil: (06) Capoeira in Belo Horizonte (MG) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Historic Minas Gerais: CONGONHAS. (01) An Overview (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Igreja São José (St. Joseph Church), Ouro Preto (MG) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Lady on the Balcony, Ouro Preto (MG) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Mariana (MG), 2011 (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)